Arowhon Pines provides a spectacular setting for a unique, unforgettable wedding in the wilderness.
June and September weddings are popular, with most being booked exclusively for two nights. This means that you can enjoy your guests (many whom have travelled a great distance to be there) for more than just "a dinner".
Exclusivity also means that you design the agenda, so that this becomes YOUR wedding, not the hotel "package" kind. Some ideas:
- an evening bonfire under the stars - bring your guitars!
- choose a favorite location along the lake, or in the forest for your ceremony
- the Algonquin Park variation of "the walk down the aisle" - the bride being paddled across the lake by canoe or rowboat to the lakeside ceremony
- the photographic opportunities: natural light(!), charming, rustic buildings, wood verandahs and bridges, blue lake and sky, green trees and wildflowers
- an ice-filled canoe chilling your champagne by the lake
- dinner at sunset in our spectacular lakeside log dining room
We can provide you with a list of resource people (clergy, florists and musicians) as well as references from past brides and grooms who have chosen Arowhon for their wedding. We can also provide, when you first inquire, a breakdown of the costs, so that there are no surprises at the end.
The staff at Arowhon Pines are committed to providing you and your guests with an unforgettable wedding.
Interested in a smaller wedding at Arowhon Pines?
We can accommodate small weddings throughout the season. Your group would be accommodated all together in a large 8 and/or 12 Bedroom Cabin. Two or three night minimum night stays apply on weekends. "Room and meal rates" include accommodation (private room with private bathroom, the cabin has a central lounge with fireplace), three meals per day (our food receives much media attention - your guests will talk about the food for years!) and free use of all recreational facilities: canoes, kayaks, sailboats, miles of hiking trails, tennis courts, sauna, games room, etc.
Guests come to Arowhon Pines for peace and quiet in the wilderness. It is important that your group not disturb others in the cabins, around the grounds and in the dining room.
There is much you and your family can do at Arowhon Pines: your cabin lounge can be used for quiet get togethers, cocktails on your deck overlooking the lake (bring your own wine and beer), and a sit down wedding ceremony outside by the lake. There may be some costs depending on what extras you would like us to do.
Please contact us regarding availability – we can provide you with a cost breakdown right away!